Grateful thanks to the Officers and Committee for the invite, I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Thanks also to my stewards Charles Dixon, Tina Smith and Ruth Waller who looked after me all the way through to the end. Lastly a massive thank you to the exhibitors for a wonderful entry and your sporting behaviour which unfortunately is lacking at so many shows nowadays. I was spoilt for choice in many classes and congratulations go to all exhibitors for presenting their dogs in such clean condition.
Veteran Dog (2,0)
1. Allen’s PACEY ACER AT PAULETAIRE. 7 y/o. In excellent coat and condition. Super masculine head, strong neck with good lay of shoulder. Excellent depth and width although could be a tad shorter in body. Well-muscled quarters. Enthusiastic on the move where he maintained his topline. Fought hard in the challenge, but had to give way to the impressive bitch who powered around the ring RBVIS
2. Green’s TYWYSOG GELERT 7 y/o Good well domed head into clean neck. Good angles both fore and aft with solid core. He could not match the coat or condition of 1 today.
Minor Puppy Dog (1)
1.Gough’s JULITA RUKESTER. 7 month baby who is masculine. Nice shaped head with good eye. Long neck into well angulated front. Has enough body for his age with short coupling and moderate rear angulation. Performed OK on the move which is all we can ask for at his time of life!
Junior Dog (3,0)
1. Woodhams’ GLYNELL JIFFY. 15 month dog of nice size, not overdone in any quarter. Balanced head with defined stop. Clean neck with excellent front angulation. Well ribbed and coupled with good width behind. Moved soundly.
2. Salt’s ISLANZA BOND. 15 month Slightly taller than 1 with masculine head and good chiselling. Long neck, not quite so clean, but good front and bone. Deep chest, well ribbed, short coupled with excellent rear angulation and muscle tone. Moved close behind today and was not as settled as 1 on the move.
3. Cemis’ SHADWICK VISCOUNT
Special Yearling Dog (4,1)
1. Ellis & Pilkington’s SHANNARA TOTAL ECLIPSE. 22 month Stylish symmetrical outline with good depth and width with nice angulation fore and aft. Clean head with good stop and depth under eye. Solid bone and tight well-padded feet. In good coat and condition. Moved OK although a little wide in front.
2. McCann’s SLAPESTONES TIDAL FORCE. 21 month, Not quite the masculine head of 1. Good body shape, well balanced throughout with decent ribs and loin. Moderately angled behind. Leisurely movement, just needed more verve.
3. Tubb’s SLAPSTONES TIDAL WAVE FOR ALSUTU
Novice Dog (4,1)
1. GLYNELL JIFFY
2. Monday’s AMBIKA SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE. Well put together, with good body width and depth. A size up on 1 with not quite the head and neck. Well boned and moderately angulated. Moved OK
3. Wright’s AMBLELIIGHT SOLAR FLARE
Graduate Dog (6,1)
1.Luckett- Roynon’s SOLVA CAPTAIN VERE. 2 y/o Solid body throughout with good front and rear angulation Pleasing head with good stop and eye. Still needs to strengthen in topline and is rather steep in croup. Moved OK.
2.Thomas’ REDFRITH PIECE OF CAKE. Heavier in head than 1 and larger in frame. He has good depth and body width. In super overall condition, well controlled by young handler who had her hands full on the move.
3.Green’s EURION JASPER.
Post Graduate Dog (8,0)
1. Salt’s ISLANZA LOOKING FOR SPOT (AI). Not overdone, so well put together from nose to tail. Well balanced head with good chiselling and kind expression. Excellent front, legs and feet. Strong through core with good width over loin. Well-muscled rear in both 1st and 2nd thigh. In good coat and super condition. He moved with purpose, smooth with excellent stride length. He put everything into the challenge and could not be denied on the day BD, BIS
2. Stone’s STEDIGAN ALL IN GOOD TIME FOR MERREM. Matched 1 for type, has similar attributes in make and shape. Excellent angulation, in super condition. In two minds in the challenge as the open dog was impressive, but on the day I preferred the movement of this boy who was smooth, collected and controlled RBD
3. Gills’ STARGARTH DON’T STOP ME NOW AT BRENROS.
Limit Dog (5,2)
1. Tew’s PAMICKS BELIEVE YOU CAN JW. Balanced outline with good angles fore and aft. Masculine head with good stop. Reachy neck into level topline. Well ribbed up with slight arch to muscular loin. Sound
on the move where he beat 2
2. Luckett-Roynon’s SOLVA GIORGIO. A shade smaller than 1. Balanced outline with pleasing head. Not quite the neck of winner, but well angulated throughout. Loose in movement
3. Woodhams’ TOBERMYN MINSTRAL BOY
Open Dog (5,1)
1. Caldwell & McDowell’s SH CH GEMILL BACK TO THE FUTURE FOR CERYAN JW ShCM. Good overall outline, nice sized dog. Super head with good stop and chiselling. Clean, long neck into well angulated front, good bone and feet. Excellent ribs, well sprung and deep. Powerful rear, nicely angulated. In good condition overall, very workmanlike. He pushed hard for the top spot, just preferred the extra verve and enthusiasm of both my BD & RBD in the challenge.
2. Stone’s STEDIGAN PIPERS PIPING FOR MERREM. Shade larger overall, with a lot to like in make and shape. Masculine head with good eye and brows, Well covered ribs and muscular coupling. Could not quite match the smooth movement of 1.
3. Allen’s PACEY ACER AT PAULETAIRE.
Special Beginners Dog (4,1)
1. SLAPSTONES TIDAL FORCE.
2. AMBLELIGHT SOLAR FLARE. Balanced head with good eye. Just needs to strengthen throughout, Has a nice shape with good angulation. In good coat.
3. Isherwood’s AMBLELIGHT TRAPEZIUM STAR
Good Citizen Dog Scheme Dog (4,0)
1. Barkley’s SH CH CHERRYHEATH MR MISCHIEF JW ShCM. Fine upstanding dog with attractive head which is domed, balanced and chiselled. Strong, clean neck into good front with super ribs and coupling, Strong well-muscled quarters. Profuse coat which is fading in colour, but does not distract from his overall qualities. Another who featured in the challenge.
2. Green’s EURION JASPER. Good masculine head well balanced and shaped. Muscular neck with good front, bone and feet. Well ribbed and filled in with slightly longer coupling than 1. In good overall condition. Moved well.
3. Tubb’s SLAPSTONES TIDAL WAVE FOR ALSUTU.
Veteran Bitch (6,0)
1. Thomas’ SH CH BOWDONIA SWEET DREAMS. 8 y/o who is still a strong contender. So typey with beautiful head, domed, well balanced and chiselled. Super neck into excellent front. Ideal ribs, well covered into short coupling and plenty of width over loin. Good width of thigh. Moved with enthusiasm where she beat the veteran dog in the challenge. BVIS
2. Barkley’s CHERRYHEATH MISS CHIEF JW A shade larger than 1. Same head features. Not quite the front angulation of 1. Body well filled with good depth. Just slipping in her topline today which was noticeable on the move.
3. Dixon’s ENSTONIA FAIR CHANCE.
Minor Puppy Bitch (1,0)
1. Jones’ JULITA RUMOURS AT TROSLEY. 7 months. A real baby with sweet head and expression. Good length of neck into decent front and bone. Solid through her ribs, well coupled. Wide over loin and nicely angulated rear with good muscle tone for one so young. Enjoying her day out.
Puppy Bitch (2,0)
1. Tew’s PAMICKS FIELD OF DREAMS. 9 moths pretty bitch who has a super feminine head, well balanced with dark eye. Good length of neck with well angulated front. Super well filled body for age with excellent rear with plenty of width and strength. In good coat and condition. Just needs to strengthen through topline, but has plenty of scope for a bright future. Moved soundly, well collected. BPIS
2. Luckett-Roynon’s SOLVA MARTINKA. Smaller and less mature bitch with sweet head, shorter in neck than 1 and longer cast. Level top line with decent loin and thighs. Unsteady on the move and needs time to strengthen throughout.
Junior Bitch (3,0)
1. PAMICKS FIELD OF DREAMS.
2. Woodward’s SARABANDE BILLIE JEAN AT HINXWOOD (AI). 13 months. Longer cast than 1 and more rangy throughout. Girly head into long neck with good front. Well ribbed back with wide thighs. Topline will improve when she strengthens. Moved well.
3. Bruce’s MARTINRYALL GREAT HOW.
Special Yearling Bitch (5,0)
1. Barkley’s CHERRYHEATH MISS VELOCITY JW. 20 months compact outline with good angulation both fore and aft. Feminine head with good stop, slightly tight in flew. Strong neck, good ribs and short coupling. Good width of thigh. Moved soundly.
2. Primmer’s AMANSHE SPRING REVELATION. Shorter on the leg than 1. Balanced head with good eye. Just lacking full length of neck, but good front angulation. Well ribbed and coupled with good croup and tail set. A bit lazy on the move.
3. Hawley’s SORREL BERRY MATERNAL LOVE.
Novice Bitch (6,0)
1. Naunton’s ENFYS AMBER OF TRENZALORE Slightly long cast. She has a nice outline with good head and clean, lengthy neck. Decent front but not quite the spring of rib I was looking for. She beat 2 on head and movement.
2. SARABANDE BILLIE JEAN AT HINXWOOD (AI)
3. Walton & Coffin’s HILLPARK PRINCESS AURORA
Graduate Bitch (1,0)
1. Charles’ STARGARTH A KIND OF MAGIC. A good overall shape, with good length of leg. A little full in the head for a bitch. Strong neck with good shoulders and upper arm, good bone and feet. Well ribbed and strongly coupled. Nicely angulated rear with good width of thigh. A tad wide in front on the move today
Post Graduate Bitch (3,0)
1. Luckett-Roynon’s SOLVA VESPINA. Short and compact in outline. Head has good width and is nicely domed. Kind, dark eye. Moderate length of neck. Has good well angulated front with plenty of infill. Wide ribs, short coupled. Level topline with well-placed croup. Good width over rear. In decent coat. Just preferred the compactness of 1 over 2.
2. Primmer’s AMANSHE GOLDEN REVELATION Different type from 1. More rangy with narrower head and body. Has good length of neck and decent front angulation. Has good bum, but quite straight in stifle.
3. Greenway’s FERNDEL SCARLET.
Limit Bitch (5,1)
1. Thomas’BOWDONIA ANASTASIA JW Pretty girly, lovely domed feminine head with good dark eye. Decent neck into well laid shoulder. Deep through ribs and short coupled. Well angulated rear with excellent thighs and good bum. Nice elegant outline in good jacket. Smooth accurate movement
2. Watson’s WELINGERHILL GARDEN TIGER OF HILLPARK Loved her head well shaped and chiselled. Good long neck and front angulation. Would prefer better topline as she stood bum high. Happy mover.
3, Smith’s CHANANGEL KATHRINE JENKINS.
Open Bitch (3,0)
1. Thomas’ SH CH BOWDONIA MOMENT TO SHINE. What a super class, 3 wonderful bitches for type and soundness. Super elegant bitch. She has substance and good bone yet retains her femininity. Lovely feminine head very typical with good stop. Strong, long neck into excellent front with ideal bone and well-padded feet. Solid core, strong coupling with good width of loin. Well angulated rear, nicely muscled. Free on the move, with typical smooth action BB, RBIS & BOS
2. Thomas & Upton’s BOWDONIA SERAPHINA JW ShCM. Although she couldn’t match 1 for body, she has so much scope. Super head and neck. Good angles both fore and aft. Wonderful make and shape throughout. RBB
3. Caldwell’s BOWDONIA BELLISSIMA FOR CERYSAN.
Special Beginners Bitch (4,0)
1. STAGARTH A KIND OF MAGIC.
2. ENFYS AMBER AT TRENZALORE.
3. Greenaway’s FERNDEL SCARLET.
Good Citizen Dog Scheme Bitch (3,0)
1. WELINGERHILL GARDEN TIGER OF HILLPARK.
2. Greenway’s FERNDEL SCARLET. Pretty head with good eye and muzzle. Short neck, just a bit upright in front. Good ribs, long and deep, with decent thighs. Steady on the move.
3. Greenway’s FERNDEL STORYTIME.
1. MRS J A & MR S WOODHAMS. Well matched pair, both similar in size. Collected on the stack and on the move and better behaved than 2
2. MISS S BARKLEY. Out of the same kennel, which was evident. Enjoyed their day in the spotlight, although very exuberant.
3. MRS A P CALDWELL & MRS M GRAHAM